Evan J. Kelly
800-648-9946 (Toll Free)
Mr. Kelly has represented numerous individuals, such as professional athletes and elected officials in high profile criminal cases.
Mr. Kelly has obtained the highest possible rating of “10” by AVVO and was recently named one of the top 10 Criminal Defense Lawyers in the Eastern portion of Pennsylvania by the National Academy of Criminal Defense Lawyers. Mr. Kelly was also named one of the top 10 Criminal Defense Attorney's in the State of Pennsylvania for both 2014 and 2015 by the American Institute of Legal Counsel. And finally, Mr. Kelly was ranked as one of the top 100 Criminal Defense Attorney’s in the State of Pennsylvania by the National Trial Lawyers Top 100. Mr. Kelly also was invited to be a member of the prestigious American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys.
Mr. Kelly is certified by the Pennsylvania Bar Association to handle Death Penalty cases and has handled several high profile murder cases. Additionally, Mr. Kelly has also represented hundreds of clients accused of charges stemming from political corruption, drug trafficking, violent offenses, federal RICO statutes, Megan's Law violations and white collar theft.
Before starting his own firm, Mr. Kelly worked as an Assistant District Attorney with the Chester County District Attorney's Office and later as Chief Counsel of Oversight and Investigations for the United States Senate Judiciary Committee under then Chairman, Senator Arlen Specter. Mr. Kelly also served as campaign treasurer for Senator Arlen Specter's 2010 United States Senate campaign in the state of Pennsylvania and practiced law for several years in the city of Philadelphia.
As former Chief Counsel for Oversight and Investigations for the United States Senate Judiciary Committee, Mr. Kelly was tasked with advising United States Senator Arlen Specter on such issues as Illegal Federal Wiretapping conducted by the NSA, abuses under the Patriot Act, Oversight over the operations of the FBI and the trial of Enemy Combatants by both U.S. Federal Courts and Military tribunals.
As a former Assistant District Attorney, Mr. Kelly personally prosecuted hundreds of misdemeanor and felony cases. All of these experiences have provided Mr. Kelly with a unique perspective in defending individuals charged with crimes. He is uniquely equipped with not only a first- hand understanding of the legislative process involved in the enacting of criminal statutes, but also with an understanding of the proper procedures which must be followed by various law enforcement agencies.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Law - Federal (White Collar Crime)
- Traffic Violations
- Drug Violations
- Personal Injury
Certified Legal Specialties
- Death Penalty cases, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania, 2000
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2002
Honors and Awards
- Highest possible rating of “10” by AVVO
- Top 10 Criminal Defense Lawyers in the Eastern portion of Pennsylvania by the National Academy of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorney's in the State of Pennsylvania for both 2014 and 2015 by the American Institute of Legal Counsel
- Named one of the top 100 criminal defense attorney’s in the State of Pennsylvania by the National Trial Lawyers Top Rated Attorneys in Pennsylvania as published in The Wall Street Journal, Philadelphia Inquirer, and the The Legal Intelligencer
- American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Young Professionals of Chester County
- Eastern Technology Counsel
- West Chester University Alumni Finance Committee
- PA Bar Association
- Chester County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- United States Senate Judiciary Committee, Chief Counsel, 2005 - 2008
- Chester County District Attorney's Office, Assistant District Attorney, 2000 - 2003
- Senator Arlen Specter's 2010 United States Senate campaign in the state of Pennsylvania, Campaign Treasurer