The penalties for a conviction on federal sex crime charges can be substantially more severe than charges for a similar crime at the state level. You will almost certainly be looking at mandatory jail time and a permanent place on the national sex offender registry. You could also be required to pay fines and serve a lengthy probation term.
Beyond the criminal penalties involved with these cases, the damage to your reputation can be even more harmful. Having an arrest for any federal crime on your record will be a red flag for anyone with reason to run a background check on you. When the arrest is for a federal sex crime, however, employers, landlords, lenders and others often choose to avoid any association with you.
Taking An Aggressive Approach To Your Defense
At Law Offices of Kelly & Conte in West Chester, Pennsylvania, we understand the impact a conviction for a federal sex crime can have on you. We will take a proactive approach to your case, closely examining the prosecution's evidence and looking for any opening to have it suppressed. We will diligently pursue every opportunity to beat the charges outright. We prepare every case for trial, and we will gladly take your case to court in pursuit of the best available outcome.
We are prepared to defend you against any federal sex crime charge, including those involving:
- Possession, production or distribution of child pornography
- Child exploitation
- Transfer of obscene material to minors
- Human trafficking, including sex trafficking of children by force, fraud or coercion
- Trafficking for prostitution
- Sexual abuse and aggravated sexual abuse
- Kidnapping for the purpose of committing a sex crime
- Sexual abuse of a minor or ward
- Abusive sexual contact
- Failure to register as a sex offender
- Sexual exploitation of children and related activities
- Selling or buying of children
- Failure to report child abuse
- Transportation of minors or traveling for the purpose of engaging in illegal sexual activity
- Use of interstate facilities to transmit information about a minor, including U.S. mail
Talk To A Lawyer About Your Federal Sex Crime Defense Needs
We invite you to contact our office to discuss your case with a Philadelphia federal sex offense attorney. We understand that this is a difficult time for you, and you can rely on us for the sound advice you need. You can reach us by phone at 610-314-7066 or via email to schedule a free initial consultation.