In Pennsylvania, a firearms conviction can get you locked up for years. In many cases, illegal possession of a firearm is charged as a stand-alone crime, while in other cases, a gun charge accompanies a drug crime or a violent offense.
Regardless of what your case looks like, you need proper legal representation if you have been accused of a weapons violation. If you or a loved one is facing a gun crimes charge, our firm's attorneys can help you determine the best course of action.
Strong, Strategic Defense Representation In Firearms Cases
At Law Offices of Kelly & Conte, we provide strong, strategic defense representation in weapons cases in state court and, in rare cases, in federal court. We can assist you if your criminal case involves:
- Possession of a firearm without a license, which is a third-degree felony
- A crime involving a loaded gun — a crime has a higher grading if there is a bullet in the chamber of a confiscated weapon
- A charge related to a crime of violence such as robbery
- An assault involving the presence of a gun or a shooting, which can bring a five- to 10-year sentence
- Possession of a gun during a drug transaction
In many cases, a successful defense will involve arguing that a search and seizure of a gun was illegal.
Every case is different. Make sure you have the help of a lawyer if you or a family member has been charged.
Contact An Experienced West Chester Lawyer For Weapons Charges
Contact Law Offices of Kelly & Conte for a free, confidential consultation about any weapons matter. We can answer your questions. Se habla español.