Experienced Malvern Criminal Lawyer
If you are charged with or being investigated for a crime, hiring the right criminal attorney is not only one of the most important decisions you will ever make, but also a very scary proposition. Make sure that you investigate attorneys thoroughly before you hire one. Make sure that you hire a criminal lawyer who is experienced and has an excellent reputation and has handled cases like yours before. There are many Malvern criminal defense attorneys to choose from, but make sure you hire one who has experience handling high-profile cases.
Evan Kelly of Bellwoar Kelly, LLP is an experienced and seasoned defense attorney who has handled many high-profile cases. /Notable-Cases.shtml. As a former Chester County prosecutor, Evan Kelly is well-versed in all aspects of criminal law. He not only knows what the government has to prove to make its case, but he is also very adept at uncovering weaknesses in the government’s case to attack it.
Tredyffrin Township Criminal Attorney
Malvern is a borough in eastern Chester County, Pennsylvania. The borough itself has a population of approximately 3,000 people and the Malvern area is adjacent to Paoli, Pennsylvania, and portions of it can be found in Tredyffrin Township, East Whiteland Township, Willistown, East Pikeland and East Goshen Township. The law enforcement agencies patrolling the Malvern region are the Tredyffrin Township Police Department, the Willistown Police Department, the East Goshen Police Department and the Malvern Borough Police Department. Portions of Route 202 are patrolled by the Pennsylvania State Police. The District Justice for 15-1-02 is Thomas Tartaglio. His District Court is located at 1572 Paoli Pike is West Chester, PA 19382.
Malvern DUI Attorney
One of the most common crimes that individuals are charged with in Malvern is DUI. For the government to convict someone of DUI, it must prove one of the following two types of DUI beyond a reasonable doubt:
- An individual may not drive, operate or be in actual physical control of a moving vehicle after imbibing a sufficient amount of alcohol such that the individual is rendered incapable of safely driving, operating or being in actual physical control of the movement of the vehicle.
- An individual may not drive, operate or be in actual physical control of a moving vehicle after imbibing a sufficient amount of alcohol such that the alcohol concentration in the individual’s blood or breath is at least 0.08 percent but less than 0.10 percent within two hours after the individual has driven, operated or been in actual physical control of the moving vehicle.
The penalties for DUI convictions are quite severe. They range anywhere from 48 hours to 72 hours in prison for first-time offenders 30 to 90 days in prison for second offenders, to 90 days to one year in prison for third offenders. These prison terms are in addition to large fines and the loss of driving privileges for anywhere from one to 1½ years.
Malvern Assault Attorney
In addition to defending against DUI charges, at Bellwoar Kelly, LLP, our lawyers have extensive experience defending individuals accused of assault crimes and sexual assault crimes. We have experience representing individuals against charges involving:
- Drug crimes such as possession, paraphernalia offenses and intent to deliver. Some of the most common drugs we see are marijuana, cocaine, heroin, Molly and prescription drugs like OxyContin, Xanax and Adderall.
- Sex offenses such as rape, sexual assault, indecent assault and other such charges that can lead to mandatory imprisonment and sex offender registration
- Theft crimes, including white collar crimes
- Post-conviction issues, including appeals and probation violations
Contact An Aggressive Malvern Drug Offense Attorney
If you are charged with any type of crime in Tredyffrin Township, East Whiteland Township, Willistown, East Pikeland Township or East Goshen Township, contact an experienced Malvern criminal attorney today. Call us at 610-314-7066 or use our email contact form to arrange a free consultation.