Internet Sex Crimes
Serving Reading And Communities In Chester County, Delaware County And Throughout Pennsylvania
Local police and federal investigators have turned Internet sex crimes into their new favorite target. In recent years, thousands of people have been arrested and charged for crimes such as:
- Possession and distribution of child pornography
- Online solicitation of a minor
- Endangering a minor
- Internet stalking and harassment
If you live in Pennsylvania and are facing state or federal charges for an Internet sex crime, the consequences can be serious. Call Bellwoar Kelly, LLP right away. Attorney Evan J. Kelly is a former prosecutor who understands the strategies local and federal prosecutors use when stringing together evidence for their case. We challenge everything, including:
- Illegal search and seizure: In most cases involving Internet sex crimes, police and investigators must have a specific warrant to search your home and computer. If your hard drive was searched without a warrant, it is possible the evidence won’t be admissible in court.
- Entrapment: A common tactic is to set up a phony chat room, with police acting as minor-aged participants. These chat room sting operations often induce law-abiding adults into committing a crime they aren’t even aware of.
- Police procedures: Police and federal investigators are required to follow a very specific procedure regarding investigating, making the arrest and making formal charges. We review the timeline and procedures to make sure your rights were not violated, leading to possible reduction or dismissal of charges.
Former Sex Crimes Prosecutors · Free Consultation · Call 24/7
From offices in West Chester, our lawyers represent clients in criminal justice matters in Chester County and Delaware County, as well as state and federal court jurisdictions throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Contact our offices by email to arrange an initial consultation with an experienced West Chester Internet sex crimes attorney anytime, day or night.
Are You Under Investigation For An Internet Sex Offense?
We cannot put this more clearly — DO NOT answer any questions or allow the police or investigators to search your home or computer without a specific warrant. As soon as possible, get an experienced attorney from Bellwoar Kelly, LLP on your side. We will begin protecting your rights immediately.
Contact An Experienced Lancaster Child Pornography Defense Attorney
From offices in West Chester, our lawyers represent clients in criminal justice matters in Chester County and Delaware County, as well as state and federal court jurisdictions throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Contact our offices by email to arrange an initial consultation with an experienced West Chester criminal defense attorney anytime, day or night.